Laurie A. Cylkowski
Laurie A. Cylkowski graduated with honors from the University of St. Thomas where she achieved her Bachelor of Arts degree and studied International Business and German language. She obtained her Doctorate of Law (JD) degree from William Mitchell College of Law in 1996. Laurie served as a Military Intelligence Analyst with the United States Army and the Minnesota National Guard, locally and overseas.
Laurie’s practice is focused primarily on family law, including complex issues pertaining to divorce, child custody, property division, modifications of divorce decrees, orders for protection, enforcement, paternity matters, and domestic abuse. Ms. Cylkowski also devotes a portion of her practice to issues of civil rights, discrimination in the work place and special education law - advocating for children with Individual Education Plans (IEP's), negotiating special education services with School Districts and enforcement.
Laurie works as a volunteer attorney through the Children's Law Center of Minnesota, representing children in need of protective services or foster care.
Laurie A. Cylkowski is an experienced trial attorney who is diligent in her practice and dedicated to her clients. She is admitted to practice in all courts in the State of Minnesota as well as Federal Court – District of Minnesota.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor - 1996
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: International Business and German Language
- Minnesota, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1997
Current Employment Position
- Attorney and Company President
Classes & Seminars
- Presented Seminars on the Family Medical Leave Act
- Presented Seminars on Discrimination in the Workplace
- Presented Seminars on Sexual Harassment
- Presented Seminars on The Basics of Divorce Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the MSBA
- Children & the Law Section of the MSBA
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Autism Society of Minnesota
- Council of Parents Attorneys and Advocates, Inc. (COPAA)
- Cooperative Practice Network
- American Legion, Apple Valley, Minnesota
- Veteran's of Foreign Wars
- Children's Law Center of Minnesota, Present